The chat rooms provided by the Earthquake Network app are intended to share information during earthquake events. Users can comment on other topics only if an earthquake is not in progress.
Chat rooms are forbidden to users under 15 years. Moreover, in each chat room it is forbidden to:
- Share personal information (telephone numbers, addresses, credit card information, etc.)
- Advertise commercial products or web sites not related to the earthquake topic
- Publish earthquake forecasts not supported by scientific data
- Spread panic among users with untrue information or without scientific basis
- Create multiple user accounts
- Engage in aggressive, defamatory or discriminatory behavior towards other users
- Write in a language different from the language of the chat room
During earthquake events it is advisable not to send unnecessary messages or questions which can be answered by referring to the earthquake list and to the maps.
Chat moderators are active 24/7 and they are responsible for verifying that the above rules are observed. Users who do not obey the rules will be blocked. The user who believes to have been unfairly blocked may send a complaint at email@example.com
Private messages between any two users are enabled after a friendship request has been sent and accepted. When using private messages, the misconduct by a user can be reported to chat moderators. The friendship between two users can be cancelled at any time by any of the two users.
The owner and administrator of the app reserves the right to suspend the chat service at any time if not properly used by the app users.